Saturday, January 16, 2016

Homemade Granola

Wow! Apparently I haven't posted anything since September. I didn't realize it has been so long. Finally I have a good recipe to share. I've made this a couple times now and its a keeper. I love putting granola on my yogurt, but its a good snack too! And the great thing about this recipe is its versatility. Use whatever you have in your pantry.


Line a large cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with Pam. Heat oven to 300F.

In a large bowl, combine the following ingredients:
4 cups old fashioned oats
1 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1 cup seeds/nuts (slivered almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, etc)
1/2 cup dried fruit (raisins, dried cranberries, apricots, etc)
1 pinch of salt
1 tbsp of your favourite spice combo (I used pumpkin pie spice, but you could use cinnamon, cloves, ginger)

Combine the following and stir into the above mix:
1/4 cup oil/fat (butter, canola oil or coconut oil)
1/4 cup + 2 tbsp sweetener (brown sugar, honey, maple syrup, etc)
1 1/2 tsp flavouring (vanilla extract, almond extract, etc)

Spread evenly in pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool and break up into pieces and store at room temperature.

No comments:

Post a Comment